This past year was a volatile year for many industries starting in March with the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. The staffing industry was able to step in and help with a major shift in labor in the United States and around the world. Here are a few updated statistics for 2020 with regards to the staffing industry.
EMPLOYEE STAFFING STATISTICS IN 2020
There are plenty of reasons for employees to seek out temporary work but the top ranking reasons in 2020 are:
- Finding New Opportunities: Six in 10 staffing employees (64%) work in the industry to fill in the gap between jobs or to help them land a job.
- Owning Your Schedule: 20% of staffing employees cite schedule flexibility as a reason for choosing temporary/contract work.
EMPLOYER STAFFING STATISTICS IN 2020
The staffing industry creates thousands of jobs each year and significantly contributes to the GDP in the United States. This year was no exception as multiple industries were disrupted due to the pandemic. Staffing companies were able to achieve the following this past year:
- Contribution to the US Economy: The staffing industry creates job and career opportunities for over 16 million employees per year.
- Top Industries by Sector:
- 36% Industrial: Warehouse & Manufacturing
- 24% Office–Clerical and Administrative
- 21% Professional–Managerial
- 11% Engineering, Information Technology, and Scientific
- 8% Health Care
INDUSTRIAL STAFFING SERVICES IN THE MIDWEST
Our team of recruiters is here to answer any other questions you may have about manual labor. In fact, Summit Staffing has more than 30 years of experience finding the right candidate for the right position and a variety of manual labor positions around Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana. If you’re ready to take the next step in your career, contact us!